Monday, 30 January 2017

Art Journal: Let It Snow

Hello, friends! Welcome to another ART JOURNAL collaboration with a very dear and special blog friend - VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles. We are both passionate about art journalling and decided to inspire and encourage each other a monthly show and tell.

This month we are a little late with our projects. I blame the weather which, has been awful the past week - frost, ice, hail, snow, fog - the works! Still, it did provide me with the inspiration for my Art Journal page to create this wintery scene.

I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the finished page at first but it's growing on me. For the sky, I dabbed on layers of Folk Art Acrylic Paint and embossed snowflakes with WOW Brilliant White EP. It's barely visible with the splatters of white gesso. The mountains are diecuts using MFT Stitched Mountain Range. I added the snow caps with Tim Holtz Distress Grit Paste  and slapped on the "trees" with Folk Art Acrylic Paint. The row of trees are diecuts using Lawn Fawn Forest Border layered with Stitched Hillside Borders Lawn Cuts.

On the second half of the page is a wintery cottage with more Folk Art Acrylic Paint on the background. For the swirls I applied Ranger Texture Paste over Tim Holtz Flourish stencil. The snow mound at the bottom of the page is a diecut using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders Lawn Cuts.

I stamped the cottage from Chocolate Baroque's Hearth and Home stamps sheet with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and coloured it with Copics. Then I dumped a lot of snow on it using Faber-Castell Gesso and the aptly named Nuvo Glitter Drops White Blizzard.

By this stage of the game, I my brain froze and could not come up with an interesting quote. So I went with something obvious and simple using Lawn Fawn Riley's ABC and Claire Brennan (Waltzing Mouse) Victorian Alphabet, stamped with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.

So, here's another look at this extra snow-laden page. It really is the heaviest I've created to date. The Tim Holtz Distress Grit Paste by Ranger is super stuff if you like chunky dimensional stencilling.
Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps #140: Baby It's Cold Outside
Fashionable Stamping #119: Winter / Spring
Crafting From The Heart #145: AG
Alphabet Challenge: W - Winter Walk
PDE Linky Party #157: No Cards Allowed

Now please head on over to VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles and check out what she has made. I have no doubt she would have created a fabulous page... she always does!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

x Beijinhos x

18 comments:

  1. Asha, I just LOVE this and I love how this winter season has inspired you to make this awesome snowy scene!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Those mountains with the snow textured tops is probably my favorite about this piece! I love how you've put together your scene so that it flows from the sky, to the mountains to the snow covered below! It's very well done and so full of snowy texture! I just love it my friend! (I went in a totally different direction with mine and hope you like it!) So thrilled to be doing this with you!! BIGGEST HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to do these little challenges with other card makers. I've been doing a card kit swap with Nonni and Marina and I believe their style are beginning to rub off on me, which I love! It's fun to inspire each other this way. I think you did a great job with this snowy landscape and that cozy looking cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous snowy page!! How many work on it, Asha!! Love very much the painting on the mountains and the white swirls, you have done a great work with gesso and texture paste!! The trees on the hills look so cute and the cottage is a true beauty! A magical natural scene, and such a lovely sky with that falling snow and the sweet blue!! Great work of art, as you always do!! Your AJ page is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to both of your journal pages every month! I just came from Vicki's blog. Your page is amazing, love the scene your created, so much texture and the colors are perfect, soft in the sky and trees, and deep on the cabin. Every detail and swirl are a delight to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Asha your card is stunning, wonderful winter scene, I love the images and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Journal page Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful wintery scene!
    Visiting from Vicki's blog I see that you are creating such wonderful Art Journal pages as well!
    Maybe you'd like to join us for our monthly challenges over at
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    hugs from
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauw this is gorgeous Asha. You have created a wonderful winter scene. I love all the layers and texture and the stamp is lovely. Beautiful made. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Asha, this looks really stunning. I love the layout and the combination of textures and stamps. Beautiful work.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous little scene is going on here. Awesome stamping and colouring too.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the raised stencil by the home which is where I would like to live:) I love the colouring and the border of the trees. A real winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous journal page and thank you for talking us through how it was made. I really like the snow-capped mountains in the background and the stamped cottage looks superb. It's such a lovely little stamp and you've coloured it beautifully. I can definitely feel a Winter's chill looking at this page. Well done, it's a great piece of artwork. Thank you for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic! Thank you for linking at PDE, Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a wonderful page. Thanks for joining at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great journal page - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and we hope you'll join us for our next challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great journal pages, love the snowy scene.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful scene, I love all of the details

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...